- First handset with Android 4.0
- Facial recognition technology
- 5 megapixel camera
Telstra customers will be the first in Australia to get their hands on the Samsung Galaxy Nexus smartphone which goes on sale from select Telstra stores and online tomorrow, but Optus are not far behind as they too released their plans for the upcoming release.
The Samsung Galaxy Nexus is the first smartphone in the world to feature Google’s new Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) operating system which brings an entirely new look and feel to Android.
Andrew Volard, Director, Telstra Mobile, said the pre-Christmas launch of Galaxy Nexuson the Telstra Mobile Network would see people around Australia re-writing their wish lists.
- HD Super AMOLED screen.
- Facial recognition technology lets customers unlock their phone just by looking at it.
- Switch between apps with a dedicated ‘recent apps’ button.
- 5 megapixel camera with automatic focus and zero shutter lag.
- Android Beam allows sharing of contacts, web pages, YouTube videos, directions, and apps just by touching two NFC-enabled Android phones back to back.
- Built-in HD Voice support enables crisper, clearer calls when chatting to mates with compatible handsets