- Uses face recognition
- A huge 75-inch screen
- Range of smart content
Samsung has drawn a line in the sand with the release of its massive Series 9 75-inch Slim LED Smart TV.
Coming with a rose-gold finish and a slim-line body, the design concept features a super-slim 7.9 millimetre curved bezel.
The latest unit includes the complete suite of Samsung’s Smart TV features – including Smart Interaction and Smart Content. Due to a built-in HD camera and dual-microphones, consumers are able to communicate via Voice Control, Motion Control, and Face Recognition – providing an alternative to the remote control.
Say ‘Hi TV’ to turn on Voice Control, ‘Web Browser’ to open up a webpage and then browse and select search results or increase the volume with grabbing or swiping hand gestures, all from the comfort of the couch.
In Australia, Samsung’s Smart TV Appsdelivers a range of Smart Content both local and international, including:
- Foxtel on Internet TV:watch up to 30 live streaming services on this subscription service without the need for a lock-in contract or a set-top box installation.
- Quickflix:Access to hundreds of movies and TV shows from studios such as HBO, NBC Universal, Lionsgate, Sony Pictures and MGM.
- Samsung Music Hub:A subscription based music service offering access to millions of tracks from four major record labels as well as thousands of music videos, available across multiple compatible Samsung platforms.
- Wiggle Time TV: Australian children are able to enjoy the world of The Wiggles through Wiggle Time TV’s video service and access special promotions, discounts and presales (Ticket presales are offered to Wiggle Time TV subscribers if and when made available from The Wiggles' ticketing agencies and venues).
- AFL Game Analyser: See all the goals, marks and defining moments from every 2012 AFL game and skip to the best bits with the AFL Game Analyser.
- NRL Game Analyser: A seamless merger of full match replays and intricate game statistics.
This unit offers consumers rich, optimised colour and detail, and also has Micro Dimming Ultimate and Precision Black technology designed to add sharpness and better black and brightness levels.
Sound Share, one of the newest Samsung Smart TV features, can wirelessly connect the TV audio via Bluetooth from the Series 9 Samsung Smart TV to company’s Series 6 and Series 7 Wireless Audio with Dock Systems. The unit also offers an almost seamless smart TV experience to fit the ultimate lifestyle, through a dual-core processor that allows consumers to download and use multiple apps while browsing the Web.