- New game modes
- New mini games
- More achievements
PopCap Games hasannounced the global release of updates to Plants vs. ZombiesHD for the iPad and Plants vs. Zombies for the iPhone and iPod touch.
These updates are available immediately from the Apple App Store, or via iTunes for AU $7.49 (iPad) and AU $2.99 (iPhone and iPod touch). Existing customers can download the updates at no cost. Some of the newly added content is completely free, while some must be purchased with in-game currency that can in turn be earned through gameplay or purchased via micro-transaction.
- Three new game modes: Zen Garden (free with option to add Mushroom Garden and AquariumGarden); Vasebreaker Endless (includes 8 levels of Vasebreaker); and I, Zombie Endless (includes 8 levels of I, Zombie)
- Four new mini-games: Slot Machine (free), plus option to add a mini-game pack, including Zombiquarium, Portal Combat and Beghouled Twist
- Game Center leaderboards: Features new menu section and added GameCenter support for four all-new leaderboards — Zombies Killed, I, Zombie Endless, Vasebreaker Endless, and Peking Express
- 28 New Game Center achievements
- Mystery sprouts: New Crazy Dave shop items that when purchased will add a plant to your Zen Garden: Normal, Bronze; Silverand Gold
- Additional coin packs: In-app coin purchases allow players to accelerate game progress much faster than is possible through straight gameplay. Coin packs are available in increments of 100,000 – 250,000 coins ranging from $0.99 – $3.99 with options, including:
- Dr. Zomboss’ Piggy Bank
- Crazy Dave’s Lost Wallet
- Sunflower’s Golden Chest
- Marigold’s Coin Pot
- Stinky’s Secret Stash